Our guest today is Angela Maiers — She has been creating and leading change in education and enterprise for 31 years, teaching every level of school from grade school to graduate school and consulting with companies around the world.
EdTech Now is a short podcast about education technology and how it’s used in the classroom. The podcast is sponsored by Stackup, a Chrome browser extension that tracks reading online for teachers and students, and delivers metrics to administrators. The podcast is hosted by Noah Geisel, education director at Stackup.
Stackup is the only tool that unlocks the learning benefits of the entire web, while providing the accountability educators need to measure progress and engagement. With Stackup, you can measure and report online reading and learning for your entire district, in less than two minutes. Go to Stackup.net. The podcast is produced by Red Cup Agency.
- “So you are seeing hurt in the world or lack of empathy for hurt people because the people doing the hurting don’t feel like they matter.” Angela at 4:55
- “If we help people understand how to build the practices of worthiness the discipline that is required to be resilient in your own worthiness then all those other things come.” Angela at 6:22
- “Decisions are made through the heart and not the head.” Angela at 9:26
- “The most fundamental role that the Internet plays is not to give us access to cat videos it is to increase and amplify our opportunity of sharing our genius with the world. ” Angela at 13:45
- “Your contribution might be showing up to the world and smiling for somebody on a day that no one smiled for them.” Angela at 17:47