Written by Kristy Murphy
Science has been and will remain the secret behind the progress of nations and superiority, and there is a continuous endeavour to deliver science to students and learners in the best ways and technologies possible. Digital technology has led to major developments in different fields and can be described as the current era in the digital age. This type of education will depend on new technology from computers and related devices and networks.
This digital technology will radically change the educational process. The directions, initiatives and decisions of e-learning, the school of future education in different cultures, will constitute a future keystone of the foundations of learning and education in the coming era. Digital education in the world is focusing on promoting and developing deep learning through the introduction of new mechanisms in teaching, including technological devices. The purpose of this article is to learn about the different ways digital technology changed the aspect of education.
Here are eight factors that led to the emergence of this type of education.
1. Increase the capacity of students through online classes
- Online schools and classes have become widely available.
- Free online tutorials have become open and broadly popular.
- Online training courses are fully web-based programs that young and adult learners easily access from home.
- Online classes are a pocket money saver to a lot of students.
2. Help students who are not able to go to educational institutions
- Because of the exponential increase in world population, traditional education hasn’t been able to absorb all those who wish to learn.
- The great demand of students for education and their desire to learn more was faced by some obstacles as the distance to the educational institutions they desire.
- E-learning is a modern method of teaching, employing the up-to-date communication tools of the computer, its networks, multimedia of voice and image, drawings and research mechanisms, electronic libraries, as well as internet portals, both remotely and in the classroom.
- Special needs students sometimes face a lot of difficulties in sharing the traditional classroom; online course attending really helped these students.
3. Digital technology and saving time and effort
- Through the use of technology of all kinds in the delivery of information to the learner, a lot of time has been saved, and the least effort was done to achieve the greatest benefit.
- Information is now within our reach. Textbooks are now not the only source of information and data, anyone in any place can have access to a wide range of info within timely seconds.
4. Multi-media and visual aids educational blend
- Media technology and e-books are now available worldwide which influenced the process of education in a huge way. Animations and colored multimedia aids were great transformation methods from the conventional teaching techniques to the more powerful, efficient, fast delivery way of learning.
- They addressed different types of students who show difficulty to react inside the classroom due to maybe losing focus or getting bored. This type of learning grasped the attention of these students through digital help which provides a perfect mixture of entertaining and learning.
5. Worldwide competition educational goals
- Since global competition is based on knowledge and innovation, many educational institutions indicate that students must pass not only academic knowledge but also cognitive, internal and personal abilities. This means that they must engage in a deeper learning system.
- With schools in several countries around the world beginning to shift from traditional education models to deeper learning environments, online education experts and researchers are available to implement new infrastructure to support students.
6. Different teachers guide the process of education
- Digital Technology also affected the increase in access to multiple teachers all over the world. A learner can coexist in a multinational seminar online room with teachers from different cultures at the same time. All the teachers from different countries and backgrounds, cultures, languages, bring their views for the sake of unique learning.
7. A personalized educational way of learning
- Lessons are now easily personalized and different assignments and projects can be provided to each student individually. Teachers can easily follow up the progress of every student; this kind of individual lessons will allow each learner to work in his own area and speed.
- Feedbacks and evaluation with grades and remarks will be shared with students privately through e-learning methods.
8. Increase students co-work from distinct places
- This combined different way of thinking, communication skills, and co-operation through the possibility of internet access and sharing different information from different sources, languages, and cultures that will contribute to the deep learning which is what digital technology focus on.
About the author: Kristy Murphy is the outreach manager at GoAssignmentHelp, A site dedicated to providing high quality assignments to students. She has more than 8 years of experience in writing. In her free time, she loves sharing travel experiences, so that it helps others when they travel.