EdTech NOW is a short podcast about education technology and how it’s used in the classroom. The podcast is sponsored by Stackup, a Chrome browser extension that tracks reading online for teachers and students, and delivers metrics to administrators. Noah Geisel, education director at Stackup, is the host. Our guest today is Valerie Lewis, Teacherpreneur, technology fanatic, a forever learner and disruptor of normalcy within education.
- “And so now what we want to do is go beyond the classroom and expand opportunities for students to have real authentic opportunities with actors, screenwriters, costume designers, music engineers, for major cable and television networks to give them that that pathway that extension that we know schools aren’t capable of doing within a 15 minute period or block or financial situations may restrict them from doing. ” Valerie at 1:20
- “So you’ll see a combination of performance-based assessment, you’re going to see student creation projects. .” Valerie at 2:28
- “You need to be able to know that Wikipedia and the first thing that comes up on Google is not always going to be reliable.” Valerie at 3:35
- “I like to teach students when doing research that they need to be able to look at ever before the source from which it’s coming from from” Valerie at 4:18
- “So one thing that you mentioned there is teaching them how to look at author’s point of view, perspective, how to, you know, use your discernment to identify negative bias. ” Valerie at 7:30