Our guest on the show today is Tom Murray. Tom is Director of Innovation for Future Ready Schools, a project for the Alliance for Excellent Education. He is a recipient of the Blended Schools Network Leadership Award; named one of the top 16 “forward thinking EdTech leaders in the country,” and named one of the top 100 influential voices in education.
EdTech NOW is a podcast about technology and how it is used in the classroom. We look at real-world use cases, speaking to educators and administrators.
- “The reason we would use technology to accelerate learning is because of the learning not for technologies sake” Tom at 1:42
- “If we want to introduce it well we have to give them that compelling reason to change” Tom at 2:19
- “If we’re going to shift pedagogy we need to shift the spaces that kids are learning in as well” Tom at 4:33
- “Today’s generation is truly coming in with a variety of technology skills, it doesn’t mean however they understand how to use the technology for learning” Tom at 6:32
- “It comes down to the right blend of teachers and technology” Tom at 10:47
- “We need to stay laser focussed on the learning side of things” Tom at 12:31
The Christensen Institute: https://www.christenseninstitute.org/?gclid=CNPA4ve-1NMCFYeTfgodmBUFmA
The podcast is sponsored by Stackup. Get credit for what you read online. Build your personal learning profile and discover your interests, automatically, on Stackup. That’s stackup.net. The co-hosts of the show are Lee Schneider and Noah Geisel.