Our guest today is Mesa Heise, Director of Digital Services at Mackin Educational Resources. For more than 34 years, Mackin has provided library and classroom materials for grades PK-12. Mackin has a library of more than three million print books and an ever-growing digital catalogue of more than 1.5 million eBooks, databases, audiobooks and videos.
EdTech Now is a short podcast about education technology and how it’s used in the classroom. The podcast is sponsored by Stackup, a Chrome browser extension that tracks reading online for teachers and students, and delivers metrics to administrators. The podcast is hosted by Noah Geisel, education director at Stackup.
Stackup is the only tool that unlocks the learning benefits of the entire web, while providing the accountability educators need to measure progress and engagement. With Stackup, you can measure and report online reading and learning for your entire district, in less than two minutes. Go to Stackup.net. The podcast is produced by Red Cup Agency.
- “We’ve created an environment for students to have choice in reading” Mesa at 2:09
- “Instead of paying a yearly fee for content or access to content we have created this platform where educators can actually take anything online” Mesa at 3:38
- “There is this huge availability for educators to really customize what they want there students to see” Mesa at 4:51
- “No one student is going to learn the same way”Mesa at 9:10
- “We are going to make a tool in MackinVIA which gives students the ability to tell their teacher or their librarian you know what do they want to read, what are there interests” Mesa at 11:44