Our guest on this episode of the podcast is Matt Miller. Matt is a teacher who has blended technology into his classes for more than 10 years. He is a Google-Certified Innovator, the author of Ditch that Textbook, and also — with Alice Keeler — co-author of Ditch that Homework.
EdTech Now is a short podcast about education technology and how it’s used in the classroom. The podcast is sponsored by Stackup, a Chrome browser extension that tracks reading online for teachers and students, and delivers metrics to administrators. The podcast is hosted by Noah Geisel, education director at Stackup.
Stackup is the only tool that unlocks the learning benefits of the entire web, while providing the accountability educators need to measure progress and engagement. With Stackup, you can measure and report online reading and learning for your entire district, in less than two minutes. Go to Stackup.net. The podcast is produced by Red Cup Agency.
- “You know there’s there’s so much that’s available out there now and I think sometimes teachers don’t realize what all is available. ” Matt at 1:24
- “I’m actually of the opinion that if the world without technology or your classroom without technology is the same as with technology that maybe you shouldn’t even use it. ” Matt at 2:19
- “I don’t know that it’s necessarily an educator’s job to curate everything for students because that’s a skill that kids need to be able to to learn too” Matt at 4:44
- “Are our kids renting their education or are they owning it.” Matt at 7:20
- “What are some ways that we can become more efficient and more effective in the classroom so that we reduce our reliance on homework.” Matt at 8:44
Read the show transcript