Our guest today is Jennifer Gonzalez, a teacher, author and founder of the Cult of Pedagogy. (www.cultofpedagogy.com/) Jennifer’s work is focused on supporting educators, and she has her own podcast – the Cult of Pedagogy podcast. (www.cultofpedagogy.com/pod/) She is co-author of Hacking Education, and author of the FABULOUS Teacher’s Guide to Tech.
- “If the child is learning more tech at school and they’re not able to access it at home then that probably further divides the child from there parents” Jennifer at 1:23
- “You’ve got kids who want to assimilate but also want to feel their own culture is valued ” Jennifer at 5:46
- “Explain to kids that reading what you’re naturally drawn to is great” Jennifer at 7:20
- “I think there’s a lot that teachers can do to sort of empower kids ” Jennifer at 9:12
- “See that technology as something that is going to help them do what they’ve already done in more effective and efficient ways” Valerie at 8:01
The podcast is co-hosted by Noah Geisel, education director at Stackup, and Lee Schneider of Red Cup Agency.
EdTech NOW is sponsored by Stackup. Get credit for what you read online. Build your personal learning profile and discover your interests, automatically, on Stackup. (stackup.net)