Our guest on the podcast today is Dr. Monica Burns, a curriculum and edtech consultant, Apple Distinguished Educator, Amazon Education Teacher Innovator, and the founder of classtechtips.com/.
Monica is the author of Deeper Learning with QR Codes and Augmented Reality: A Scannable Solution for Your Classroom (Corwin Press, 2016) and #FormativeTech: Meaningful, Sustainable, and Scannable Formative Assessment with Technology (Corwin Press, 2017).
- “One of the reasons I’m excited about the use of technology in the classroom is to give students different opportunities to express their thinking” Dr. Burns at 0:50
- “Perhaps using virtual reality for building prior knowledge” Dr. Burns at 5:40
- “Transporting students to places that help them understand what life is like in another place” Dr. Burns at 6:05
- “I think technology can really help kids dive a little bit deeper in terms of the way mark up and interact with texts” Dr. Burns at 8:04
- “We want to make sure students have the resources that they need in order to interact with all sorts of media” Dr. Burns at 9:01
The EdTech NOW podcast is sponsored by Stackup. Get credit for what you read online. Build your personal learning profile and discover your interests, automatically, on Stackup. (stackup.net)