Joining us today is the Managing Director of Bespoke Business Strategy, Dave Whelan. Bespoke is a strategic consulting firm focused on strategy, operations, business development, and marketing in start-ups and growing organizations, with an emphasis on the intersection of technology, health and wellness. As a consultant, advisor, entrepreneur, and operating executive, Dave has devoted his career to building successful businesses.
- “I would say the commonalities take a certain amount of curiosity passion and persistence on the part of the entrepreneurs.” Dave at 1:52
- “Every leader really needs to set the tone for the organization and help inspire their team members and help connect them to the bigger vision especially as companies get bigger.” Dave at 2:48
- “So what are you doing to drive the business toward that moment when you’ve got paying repeat customers.” Dave at 4:50
- “And the technology entrepreneurs and healthcare need to realize that disrupting healthcare is not like disrupting music. Health care is really hard and it’s going to take a lot of work and an evolution rather than a revolution sometimes.” Dave at 10:06
- “You see companies that are just in time with the market but they get outmaneuvered by the competition or companies that overspend it under under-deliver with this. I still go back to the fundamentals.” Dave at 18:20
Cult/Tech is produced by Red Cup Agency. The interviewer is Lee Schneider.