Joining us today are Jon Carson and Ling Ritter from CollegeVine. CollegeVine is a program that aims to make the college admission and application process easier to navigate for high school students. Jon serves as CEO of CollegeVine. Ling is a current student at Princeton University and one of CollegeVine’s Application Consultants.
The average student receives just under 38 minutes of college guidance across 4 years, and the average guidance counselor-to-student ratio is 1 to 472. CollegeVine seeks to remedy that, providing guidance students need.
- “CollegeVine is a virtual guidance platform for high schoolers” Jon at :48
- “A near peer mentor is someone who is close to the age of their mentee” Ling at 4:47
- “If you really know what you’re doing and present yourself in the right ways you should be able to get where you want to be” Ling at 8:47
- “If you make some bad decisions in high school they can become increasingly hard to recover from over time” Jon at 11:53
- “We define the customer is the parent and the student is the user” Jon at 13:39
To jump ahead in the podcast to listen to a part you like, just move your mouse pointer to the appropriate spot in the timeline above. The podcast is produced by Red Cup Agency. The interviewer is Lee Schneider.